Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Henry VIII , wating for dinner


I have been working on Henry theVIII for some time, and I am going to make him a dagger and gloves for his hands, but got an idea to use a fork and knife for the time being, and then it made me smile to see him serious about waiting for his food. Maybe I should add a bit of whimsey to some of my work. He is 26" high on his wood base, cloth body with paper clay head and hands. Glass eyes and mohair beard. My friend Roberta actually started a Henry 8th figure years ago and got tired of him, so she sent me his things, and I used the shirt she made, and some of her fabrics. Thanks, Roberta! It's been fun making him..so far.

1 comment:

  1. He's wonderful! I love the amount of detail, I especially love his robe around his shoulders! His eyes and eyebrows are perfect and give the feeling of power in him, like a king!

    ReplyDelete